Sunday, September 16, 2012

vermont = pies

My sister used to go to Williams College in Williamstown, MA. It's in the corner of MA, 3 hours away from Boston and just a few miles from New York state and a few miles from Vermont.

When my sister was applying to colleges, my mom made 1 rule and only 1 rule - she had to go to a school that was close to an airport that had direct flights to San Francisco. You see, I had gone to Colby College in Waterville, ME, which was not near an airport and not near an airport that had direct flights to SF. During my time at Colby, I had gotten stranded multiple times. Once I even had to stay overnight in DC because I missed my connection!

My sister broke that rule by going to school in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, it's near a delicious pie store! Just a few minutes from my Williams College, I would go get a delicious pie every time I went out and visited her.

I present to you...The Apple Barn in Bennington, VT





Pretty Vermont...




And a delicious pie! (Blueberry...obviously)

1 comment:

  1. this is a fantastic post! #yummy #wishihadsomepierightnow

    ReplyDelete