Saturday, September 22, 2012

baked ziti with bacon and zucchini

So easy and I think it can feed me for the next four meals.


I haven't been eating very healthy lately (which is why there is bacon in this dish). I just crave junk food...and fat...all the time. (Note the pizza box that is under my dish). I don't even know how to get back on track with healthy eating. It probably also doesn't help that there is now a Popeyes and Uburger at school and all I want to do is eat chicken fingers everyday.

Baked Ziti with Bacon and Zucchini
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1/2 a box of ziti (or penne or shells or whatever)
1 shredded zucchini
6 strips of bacon
Plenty of grated cheese (I used a combination of gouda and pecorino)
1/2 jar of tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste (+ other spices such as, italian seasoning, garlic powder, etc)

Directions:
Boil water and cook pasta until just a bit harder than you normally like it (I just subtracted a minute from the normal boiling time).

In the meantime, cook bacon until crispy. Let cool and cut into small pieces.

Shred zucchini and your cheese. Leave about half your cheese in a separate container. Mix the rest of the cheese with the shredded zucchini, tomato sauce, bacon, and pasta. I also added salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and garlic powder.

Grease your baking pan with some leftover bacon fat (I used an 8 inch round pan). Pour mixture into pan and top with leftover shredded cheese.

Bake for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until the cheese on top is browned and bubbly.

Eat with tabasco sauce for a kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment