Monday, September 17, 2012

half marathon training: week 5

I just finished up week 4 of half marathon training, which means I'm 1/3 of my way through my Philly training plan! 2 more months to go. Eek! I ran 8 miles today and spent the rest of the day laying in my bed "recovering." I have no idea how I am supposed to run 5 more miles after that. By mile 7, I thought my legs were going to fall off.

Here's this week's plan (note: there is a long run scheduled for Monday. This was last week's long run that I failed to accomplish last weekend).

Half Marathon Training Plan: Week 5 (Sept 17 - 23)
Monday (9/17): 1 hr 30 min run (long run)
Tuesday: Track workout! 800m strong, 400m easy. Repeat 3x. (this might need to be rescheduled if it rains)
Wednesday: 20 min easy run or cross train (I am thinking about going to thighs, butts, and guts at the gym)
Thursday: 45 min hilly run - 15 min easy, 15 min tempo, 15 min easy
Friday: rest day!
Saturday or Sunday: 1 hr 35 min hilly run. End w/ 4x100m striders (long run)

No comments:

Post a Comment