Monday, August 6, 2012

edamame and corn pasta salad

You may remember my recipe for a roasted corn and edamame salad. I adapted it and made it into a pasta salad!


Also please note, the new iPhone is apparantly coming out in September! Which means...better photos soon!! And hopefully a camera that has flash!!

Edamame and Corn Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
16 ounce bag of frozen corn kernels (feel free to use fresh corn and roast it or grill it!)
1 cup of shelled edamame
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup small-diced red bell pepper
4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
4 tablespoons mayo
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped or grated ginger
1/2 box of pasta (about 8 ounces? - I used tri-colored rotini)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions: (super easy)
Defrost frozen corn and cook edamame (if necessary).

Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta. Drain and set aside to cool.

In the meantime, chop up everything else. A tip for the ginger...instead of chopping it, I normally use the cheese grater and just grate it (outside skin and all). It's way easier and takes about 2 seconds.

Combine all ingredients in a big bowl. Toss and you're done!

In other news, I am running the Falmouth Road Race this Sunday. I may not make it out alive. Rumor has it (and by rumor, the website says) "the first three miles are narrow, hilly, winding tree-shaded roads, while the last four miles are open on the flat right next to Martha's Vineyard Sound. A small steep hill lets you know that you are beginning the last half-mile of the race. Once you crest the hill it is "all downhill" to the finish."

(photo taken from race website)

Initially I was super excited about this race. There are supposed to be about 11,000 runners and crazy spectators to cheer us on. Plus beach time afterwards! Now all I feel is FEAR. This summer has been so crazy and busy with trips out of town every other weekend that I have not gotten a chance to run...or exercise...or do much of anything. I haven't trained at all and 5 days before the race, I am starting to get extremely worried.

Now apparantly if I win Falmouth, they'll send me a sweet check of $75,100. Maybe that should be my race goal: WIN FALMOUTH!!

In reality, here are my race goals:
1. Do not die
2. Finish
3. Finish before they close the course
4. Try to run the entire hilly section...even if I am running super slow. I know if I walk during the first 3 miles of the race, I'll never make it to the end.
5. I have no time goals because, honestly, I don't know how this is going to work out for me

As of today, the weather in Falmouth is not supposed to be bad at all. Partly sunny with a high of 80 and a low of 65. So at least I'll be getting a tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment