Monday, August 20, 2012

half marathon training: week 1


Greetings from California!

Philly half marathon training starts TODAY! The race is on Sunday, November 18, which gives me exactly 13 weeks to get in shape. Based on my less than desirable performance at the Falmouth Road Race, I've decided that running a race without training is probably not the best idea. It's quite possible that you may feel like you want to die during the race. (race recap coming soon!). So here it is, my philly training plan. I plan to post each week's plan on Sundays...and hopefully I'll follow it!

Half Marathon Training Plan: Week 1 (Aug 19 - Aug 26)
Sunday (8/19): 20 minute easy run or cross train
Monday: 30 minute easy run
Tuesday: rest day!
Wednesday: 25 minute easy run
Thursday: rest day!
Friday: 45 minute easy run (long run)
Saturday: 20 minute easy run or cross train
Sunday: rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment