Tuesday, June 26, 2012

pasta salad with butter (not fava) beans


yum...butter beans

Confession: I have not run in a very long time. I have not been to the gym in a very long time. I have not gone on an outdoor jog in a very long time. I need to fix this. I'm signed up to run a Falmouth 7 miler in August which is apparently very hilly...and long. Ugh. I've got to somehow motivate myself to get on some sort of training plan.

Well, moving on to something I have been doing...eating...a lot. I adapted this pasta salad recipe from Saveur. If I had to make this again (which I probably will!), I would substitute an extra can of butter beans instead of the fava beans that the recipe calls for. 

Also, apparently you are supposed to peel fava beans? I am super confused. In the photo on the internet they look green; however, in the can from the store, they were brown. What??? Confusion.

Pasta Salad with Butter Beans
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
3 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 can fava beans
1 can butter beans
1 pound pasta (I used colored bowties!)
Feta cheese to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Put tomatoes, garlic, mint, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss and let sauce rest at room temperature for 1 hour.

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water.  Meanwhile, drain and rinse fava and butter beans. Toss pasta, beans, sauce, and feta cheese.

Eat :-)

In other news, I am behind on blog posts. Stay tuned for:
- Attleboro 10k race recap (This happened over a month and a half ago. Sometimes I stink at blogging)
- Harpoon 5 miler race recap
- Photos of me eating my way through San Diego (Spoilers: pork belly, carne asada burritos, and a caprese salad were all involved in this)
- A delicious blueberry pie

No comments:

Post a Comment