Monday, July 16, 2012

english muffin pizzas...not just for kids

Tonight I found myself with all the ingredients to make English muffin pizzas. English muffin pizzas are so much better than bagel pizzas because (1) there's no awkward hole for the sauce to fall through; and (2) the sauce flows into the nook and crannies.

As usual, I apologize for the quality of the photos. I actually had to delete some because they were blurry. I will get a new phone that takes better photos someday. Or maybe even a real camera!

English Muffin Pizzas
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 English muffin
Marinara sauce (mine's homemade! check out the recipe I use here)
Cheese (tonight I used little scoops of ricotta and shredded mozzarella and cheddar)
Anything else (the world is your oyster. try onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, pesto, bacon, shredded zucchini...you get the picture)

Directions:
Chop any veggies you want to use into small pieces. Saute them. Unfortunately unlike regular pizza you can't skip this step because your english muffins aren't going to bake as long as pizza normally does and you don't want hard veggies.

Rip the english muffin in half and bake for 1 minute (I used the toaster at 400 degrees, but feel free to use the oven). This way the bottoms don't get soggy.


Layer your ingredients on the english muffin. I used marinara sauce, little scoops of ricotta cheese, sautéed onions, shredded cheese, and then tons of spices (italian seasoning, extra oregano, garlic salt, and some hot sauce).


Bake in oven for an additional 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees until the cheese is bubbly.


Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment