Monday, April 2, 2012

future road trip? (+ luv2run 5k)


I've decided I NEED to go to maine...asap. I just realized that I've been back in Boston for over a month now and I have yet to leave the city. It's time to breathe fresh air, eat fries fried in duek fat, and sit around a lake. Maybe consume a lobster and some blueberry pie as well. Oh yeah, and drink a lot of allagash.


In other news...another 5k done!

I ran the Luv2run Boston 5k this past Saturday. I woke up to quite rainy and cold conditions (38 degrees and the forecast called for snow). Luckily, the colder it is, the easier it is for me to run. The course started in Artesani Park and the Publick Theater in Brighton, MA and ran along both banks of the Charles River.

I also set a PR! Wooo! 29:48. Nearing the end of the race, I could see the pace clock and was determined to come in under 30 minutes. I think the flatness of the course as well as the cold and damp weather helped really with my time.


I'm such a dork in this photo, but it's the only one I took after the race. Yes, I am pretending to use the banana as a phone. Please don't judge me, I was clearly delirious. Also, I hate coconut water, but the vita coco van was pretty fun (and it also signaled the finish line for the race).

No comments:

Post a Comment