Tuesday, December 27, 2011

roasted tomatoes

Roasted tomatoes: yum. There are various recipes floating around that call for roasting the tomatoes at different temps for different periods of time. I haven't figured out what's best yet, but I normally waiver between 375 or 400 degrees for about an hour. (remember the part where I said I'm not very good at following recipes). Sometimes I'll start at 375 and after 45 minutes, I'll turn it up. I'm semi convinced it always tastes the same regardless.


Roasted Tomatoes
Ingredients:
Tomatoes (I like roma tomatoes for this project) - halved lengthwise
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: herbs such as, thyme, basil, whatever

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with tinfoil and arrange tomatoes on the sheet, cut side facing up.

Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and whatever other herbs you would like.

Roast tomatoes until skins wrinkle and bottoms begin to brown - about an hour (maybe). It may be longer depending on your oven and the temperature you use. Just check on them every once on awhile.

Done!

You can then eat the roasted tomatoes as a snack, or use it to make roasted tomato spaghetti sauce, or make roasted tomato soup. I am lazy and hungry at this point, so I normally just eat the tomatoes as soon as they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment