Monday, October 1, 2012

half marathon training recap by the numbers + week 7

1/2 of 1/2 Marathon training is over. Here's a recap by the numbers:

Total miles run: 79.22
Longest run: 8.7
Shortest run: 1.75
Slowest average pace: 13:20
Fastest average pace: 9:37
Workouts skipped: 6 (ugh)

I've been skipping a lot of workouts lately or punking out during them. Last week I was supposed to do a 4 mile track workout. I ran .75 miles then sat down on a bench. I eventually got up and managed to eek out 2.25 miles with a lot of walking in between. #workoutfail.

For the next 6 weeks of training, I'm going to focus on running more...running more times a week and hitting all my workouts on the day they are scheduled. For Week 7, I have 4 runs and 2 gym classes scheduled...and I am determined to do all of them! Even if life tries to get in the way.

Also, no long run this week because it's a long weekend and I am running the Tufts 10K for Women on Columbus Day! It's a 10K, but I plan on running the race and then running home along the Charles for a total of 10 miles.

Half Marathon Training Plan: Week 7 (Oct 1 - 7)
Monday: 60 min run
Tuesday: 25 min easy run or cross train (I want to go to Total Body Sculpt at the gym)
Wednesday: 50 min run - 3 min hard, 3 min easy. Repeat 4x.
Thursday: rest day!
Friday: Yoga + 45 min easy run
Saturday: 55 min hilly run - 15 min easy, 20 min tempo, 15 min easy
Sunday: rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment