Wednesday, November 23, 2011

first post + pumpkin mac and cheese

Hello Everyone,
Seeing as this is my first blog post, I am probably supposed to say something profound or what this blog is all about, but I am not really sure at this point (and I need to finish packing). So I will leave that and other introductions for later.

Here's what I do have: a SUPER delicious recipe for pumpkin mac and cheese.

Ingredients:
1/2 a box of pasta (I think it's 8 ounces)
1 pound brussel sprouts
6 (or more!) strips of bacon
1 apple
1 onion
1 can of pumpkin puree (16 ounces?)
1/3 cup of half and half (or milk)
3/4 cup of your favorite melty cheese. fontina? gruyere? whatever works.

Directions:
Drizzle brussel sprouts with oil and roast at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Boil water and cook the pasta.

In a frying pan (or a wok!), cook bacon until crispy, remove bacon from pan and chop into small pieces.

Pour off most of the bacon fat. Then saute diced apples and diced onions for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin puree, half and half, and half a cup of cheese. After a minute, add brussel sprouts, bacon, and pasta. Stir together.

Pour everything into a baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake for 10 minutes at 425.

Then eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment