Tuesday, May 22, 2012

marathon monday aka patriots day aka the best day ever

I love the Boston Marathon! The marathon always takes place on Patriots Day in mid April (one of those weird holidays that only gets celebrated in Massachusetts). I get the day off from school so it's a great excuse to sit around and drink all day. Oh, and watch people run!

The marathon starts in Hopkington and winds through the towns of Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, Brighton (technically part of Boston), and Brookline, before finally ending up in Copley Square, Boston.

My old apartment (the tall brown building) used to be the BEST place to watch the marathon. My bedroom window overlooked the route and we had this sliding door with a fake balcony. We were also conveniently located at Mile 24.

Since I live across the street from my old place, I still live at Mile 24 and I still watch the marathon in the same place!


The runners in Coolidge Corner! Can I do this one day? I am not so sure...


Here's what Irene and I did instead of running...we drank some Sam Adams 26.2, a seasonal beer that Sam Adams made just for the marathon this year!


The finish line is in front of the Boston Public Library in Copley Square. I took this photo the day before while they were still setting up.




I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment