Friday, March 1, 2013

baked mustard chicken


Soooo YUMMY and so easy that I've been pretty much been eating this for 3 weeks now. 2 min of prep time and 25 min bake time. Even though I used skinless thighs, the butter and high temp brown the chicken and make it a little crispy on the outside. Yum. I normally whip up a batch on Sundays and then eat it throughout the week with pasta and veggies or on top of salads.

I also used chicken thighs from Costco, which means I got 7 pounds of chicken for $14. What a deal! Costco is the absolute best.

Baked Mustard Chicken
5 chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
2 tablespoons salted butter
A big scoop of dijon mustard. I give my squeeze bottle a big squirt. If I had to eyeball it, maybe 2-3 tablespoons.
A dash of adobo seasoning
Lots of black pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt the butter in a bowl (I microwaved it for 1 minute). Add mustard, adobo seasoning, and pepper. Using tongs, dip the chicken in the mixture so both sides are coated. Place chicken on baking sheet. If there is any leftover mixture, pour on top of chicken. Bake for 25 minutes (or until chicken is done).

Feel free to alter the recipe however you want. Oil instead of butter? Multiple types of mustard? Panko bread crumbs? Different seasonings? The world is your oyster. (and you have lunch for the next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment